Day to Make A Difference! Join us in volunteering at a soup kitchen.
Sunday, March 13, 2016, from 11am to 1pm - at the St. Bartholomew’s Church Soup Kitchen (off Prospect St. and Sterling Ave.) in White Plains, N.Y.
Join us for a special Day to Make a Difference activity, where WIW volunteers make and serve lunch (and provide left-overs) to 55 guests at St. Bartholomew’s Church Soup Kitchen. Volunteers can help by:
- Preparing food and dropping it off at the Church by 11am
- Setting up, heating and assembling the meal
- Serving and greeting guests
- Cleaning up
We need the following food items – enough to feed 55 people - so please sign up to bring:
- Trays of baked ziti (warm or at room temperature)
- Large baguettes/ bread or rolls
- Apples, oranges or clementines
- Bags of frozen peas and carrots
- Easy to assemble salad makings
- Cookies, brownies
Families with children aged 12+ are welcome. RSVP by March 10, 2016 (the sooner the better, though!) to Liz Marrinan at or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell her how you can contribute – a food donation, on site assistance or both. We hope to see you there! The entrance to the Soup Kitchen is located behind the Church building, which is at 82 Prospect Street and Sterling Avenue, in White Plains. Enter through the driveway on Sterling Avenue.